Stories of life, of influence, of random people and random thoughts.

Thursday, November 8, 2007

First day

Just one of the many families that travel by moto! What do you say now about going for a ride with me mom? Do you think Jeff and Helene would fit on my bike too?

Well, I have settled in. We had our first day of screening today it was quite adventurous. Lots of kids! This year was a bit tougher than last because NOBODY speaks english. At least in kenya english was quite commonly used. Not here. There were quite a few cute kids today and I did my best to keep them entertained, but as usual they don't want to play with the stuff you give them, they just pocket it and politely wait for their turn to be seen. Here is a cute picture of one of the kids. He was a cutie, but somany of them were.
Yesterday we had some time to waste. We went to see the killing fields. Here is a pic of a butterfly that I took that was flying about in the field. I thought it was an appopriate pic for my blog. It was a little overwhelming. There is a large monument to all of those that were killed during the Khmer Rouge regime. It was a little hard to take. At one point we looked on the path and realized that we weren't walking on stone, but bones. There were also clothes laying in the path, that were the only remains of those that were killed. Very tough!
Later that day, we went to the home of a 3 star general, whose son in law happens to be friends with one of the docs. We were given the royal treatment. They drove us up to Udong and the temple there(sorry the pic is sideways I will fix it later). It was very cool. We got to taste some of the great local food, and ate a lot of fresh fruit. very tasty. I wish I could write about it all, but I should really get to bed. I have moved to a new room in the hotel (my old roommate snored) So I should hit the hay. All is well. I am having a great time. Later!

No comments: