Stories of life, of influence, of random people and random thoughts.

Monday, November 19, 2007

Ao Nang

Well, we are now in Ao Nang. It is absolutely beautiful. The beach is great. The sun is great. The group is great. I am the only one from N. America on the tour. Most of the group is Australian or British. I've been told that I talk too slow. It's been fun. Today is our free day and I decided to fore go the boat tour since we are going on another one tomorrow. I think I am going to sit on the beach and watch the tide. Maybe I'll do a little shopping too. It's my first beach day so I can't wait. Hope you're all having fun back at work!

I decided to edit this post. I wrote it this morning. It ended up raining all afternoon. I am quite happy I decided to skip the boat tour. I imagine they got pretty wet. They haven't returned from their trip yet. I thought I might go sea kayaking, but then it started to rain, so I went shopping. I haven't bought too much, but I did buy a really cute dress when I was in Cambodia. I think I will wear it to the holiday dance at work.

The roads here are a lot more organized than in Cambodia. I am really wishing I took a video of the traffic while I was there, but I have some pics. It was chaotic. I loved turning into head on traffic. We only got in one accident while we were travelling to the hospital. Our tuk tuk hit a girl on her bike. Her handle bars got caught on the side of the tuk tuk. She broke the basket on the front of the bike and was probably a little bruised, but she was fine. No worries.

Well, I think I will go and see what kind of food I can find. I am jonesing for a granola bar big time, but I can't find any. I was able to find some fruit and nut mix, so that will have to keep me satistied for a while. I would love a big salad too, but I think I will have to wait a while longer for that.

Later!

2 comments:

Bala said...

Hi Jody! The trip is sounding very diverse...first the mission and all the work, emotion, homesickness, etc now the vacation in a completely foreign environment. Thanks for blogging for us, it is like taking the trip with you. We are praying for you at HC and miss you. Everyone keeps asking me at church and HC when you are coming home. Hope you are feeling completely better and can enjoy the rest of the trip!
Love Christy

Unknown said...

Hey Jody - Hope you're feeling better by this time, and enjoying Thailand. I've definitely been praying about your trip, and I hope you have a nice vacation time before heading back. You're going to have an amazing tan when you get back - I'm so envious! Safe travels & God bless,
Andrew