Stories of life, of influence, of random people and random thoughts.

Monday, January 22, 2007

So I'm a blogger...

Well, what to say... After recent influence on blogger ways and thoughts of my own influence on the world around me, I've decided to start a blog. I am constantly being told I have stories, some of which are sad, some funny, some thought provoking , some just boring, but stories none-the-less. Being in the field that I am I love stories. I love to read them and tell them, so why not write them? My career allows me the opportunity to meet interesting people during intense times. I become a part of a memorable story in their lives and they become a part of the larger story of my life. Yet at times I find that the most memorable part of my day is the observations that I make when I am not doing my job.
Today as I was driving home from work. I noticed an elderly man carrying his grandchild. The child was all wrapped up in a green blanket along with having all of his/her appropriate winter gear on. The sight of the two of them was adorable. The elderly man was talking to his grandchild and smiling with a look of utter contentment. He noticed me watching them walk down the street and he smiled at me. He then kissed his grandchild on the cheek and looked cheerfully back at me again. I smiled in return. It was obivous that the love that this man had for his kin was his bliss. ...and I got to witness that. What a blessing! Then I returned home to a needy kitten and a non-verbal turtle and realized that I could share these types of stories with more than just my mom. I could share them with you! Hence, the blog was created.

3 comments:

Katie said...

Jody

You are such a sweet, caring and observant person. Its Katie from Sauble. I'm so glad I got your email cause we haven't spoken in forever, but you were a person I will never forget. Katie

Katie said...

Jody

You are such a sweet, caring and observant person. Its Katie from Sauble. I'm so glad I got your email cause we haven't spoken in forever, but you were a person I will never forget. Katie

Katie said...

sorry for posting it twice, I'm new at this blog business too.